Accent Wall Class: Recommended Tools
Recommended tools for planning and constructing your reclaimed wood accent wall:
• Pin Nailer (we recommend Ryobi 3 Piece 18V One+ Airstrike Brad Nailer Kit or Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless AirStrike 23-Gauge 1-3/8 inch Headless Pin Nailer(only if you already have a Ryobi battery & charger)
• If not using a pin nailer, you will need a good hammer and nails. We recommend the Estwing 16 oz Hammer, but any sturdy hammer will be fine.
• Safety glasses (we recommend NoCry Safety Glasses)
• Miter saw (we recommend the DeWalt DWS779 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw), circle saw (we recommend the Ryobi One P505 18V Lithium Ion Cordless 5 1/2" 4,700 RPM Circular Saw; please note the battery is not included), ora standard hand saw (we recommend the WilFiks 16” Pro Hand Saw).
• Level (we recommend the Qooltek Multipurpose Laser Level)
• Speed Square (we recommend the Swanson Tool S0101 7-inch Speed Square Layout Tool)
• Tape measure (we recommend the Komelon SL2825 Self Lock 25-Foot Power Tape)
• Wood shims (we recommend Nelson Wood Shims)
• Polyurethane (only if concerned about rough boards, we recommend Rust-Oleum Varathane 250241H 1-Quart Classic Clear Water Based Outdoor Spar Urethane)
If constructing your accent wall on plaster or cinder block, you will also need:
• Power Drill (we recommend the Ryobi One+ P236 18V 1/4 Inch 3,200 RPM 1,600 Inch Pounds Lithium Ion Cordless Impact Driver)
• Furring strips (available at any Home Depot)
• Cinder block screws (we recommend Chenango Supply 3/16 x 1-1/4" Phillips Flat Head Concrete Screw Anchors)